Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The death of a loved one

Yes, sadly my laptop just died. Murphy chose a perfect time to strike. With a week left at school a few programming assignments and an English paper to write who needs a computer? Looks like I'll be using the university computers for as much as I can while I bite the bullet and get a new laptop. I had really hoped to scrape by with this one for another year but it just isn't meant to be.

The good side of this is that I've been wanting a new computer. I think I will always be wanting a new computer, but this gives me an excuse to go and get one. So, until the new one arrives I will be making due with the lab computers. It should be enough to pull me through the end of the semester.

While I believe I will make it through the end of the semester in spite of my computer woes, it really stinks that now is the time it decided to die. Just one week later and this mini crisis would have simply been an annoyance.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you had me worried when I read the title! But to a computer programmer, the death of a laptop really is a HUGE deal! And right before all your end of semester projects are due. Ouch! Hope your new laptop helps ease the loss of your old one.
    :-D

    ReplyDelete